New Delhi, Feb. 7 -- The fatality count following the coal mine explosion in Meghalaya's East Jaintia Hills has increased to 27 after two additional bodies were found by search teams, according to a National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) official.

NDRF official HPS Kandari told ANI that two remains have been retrieved. Efforts continue at the disaster location to locate the remaining laborers trapped underground.

"As per the information of the district administration, 18 bodies were recovered on February 5, four bodies were recovered on February 6 and two bodies were recovered on Saturday. Three NDRF teams are engaged in the ongoing search and rescue operations," HPS Kandari said.

Previously on Friday, Meghalaya Minister Lahkmen Rymbu...