France, Feb. 18 -- Paris prosecutor Laure Beccuau announced on Wednesday that her office was opening two "framework investigations" after the United States government released nearly 3 million documents linked to American financier and convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein on 30 January.

"We want to stand alongside these victims. We will receive all the statements they wish to make," Beccuau told FranceInfo radio.

On Saturday, the Paris prosecutor's office said it was taking up the documents published by US authorities as part of the case.

Epstein files: 'Releasing documents in their raw state can be counterproductive' Victims encouraged to testify

Beccuau said the newly released material could prompt victims previously unknown to in...