Bengaluru, Feb. 17 -- With the Indian Premier League set to begin on March 26, an expert panel has called for urgent redesign and safety upgrades at Bengaluru's M Chinnaswamy Stadium, setting a March 15 deadline for completing key works as the venue prepares to host matches again following last year's deadly stampede.

The committee, led by Greater Bengaluru Authority (GBA) chief Maheshwar Rao, told the state cabinet in a report that the first phase must focus on redesigning all entry and exit gates, installing modern screening systems, and ensuring deployment of medical units and ambulances. Tenders have been finalised and several projects are already underway, said officials, adding that parking arrangements are also being negotiated at...