Tourists in Crete in for a violent awakening: Earthquake!
Click here to read full article from source
U.S., Nov. 27 -- Tourists in Creta had a rude awakening this morning when this Greek tourist island of Creta was struck by a strong earthquake at 9.23 am Friday morning local time., just a day after 23 people were killed at an earthquake in Albania.
* 43.5 km (27.0 mi) NW of Kssamos, Greece
* 73.1 km (45.3 mi) WNW of Chani, Greece
* 117.3 km (72.7 mi) WNW of Rethymno, Greece
* 167.3 km (103.7 mi) SSE of Sprti, Greece
* 175.8 km (109.0 mi) WNW of Irkleion, Greece
The 6.5 magnitude shock was felt as far away as Athens when it hit on Wednesday morning.
Buildings, including universities and schools, have reportedly been evacuated.
No tags for this post.
Published by HT Digital Content Services with permission from US E...
To read the full article or to get the complete feed from this publication, please Contact Us