Nellore, Oct. 18 -- In a tragic incident three members of a family, including a couple, were electrocuted when they came into contact with an electric wire at Kallurupalli housing colony here last night.

Police said that the deceased Govindu Venugopal Rao (54), his wife Hemalatha (45) and mother Bujjamma (70) came into contact with an 11 KV live electric wire which got snapped and fell in front of their house.

When Venugopal Rao electrocuted, his wife went to his rescue and later his mother and all the three died of electrocution instantaneously.

The deceased couple were working as teachers at a government school and their son and daughter went to Anantapur to write an examination.

The police registered a case and shifted the bodies to ...