Panaji, Jan. 13 -- Goa Chief Minister Pramod Sawant on Monday said that the state has filed an application for dump mining before Supreme Court.
In a tweet, the Chief Minister said, ''An application for dump mining has been filed before the Hon'ble Supreme Court. We are hopeful of positive outcome in reviving the industry.''
After a Supreme Court order banning extraction and transportation of iron ore from 88 mining leases in Goa in February 2018, the issue has been hanging in fire. There have been assurances on various occasions by the government to restart mining.
In July last year, Chief Minister Pramod Sawant had assured that mining of iron ore dumps would start within six months.
Recently the apex court reportedly issued notic...