Dhaka, Nov. 29 -- Firefighting and rescue operations at Hong Kong's deadliest blaze in decades have ended, a government spokesperson said, with the death toll rising to 128 and about 200 people still missing.

Hong Kong security chief Chris Tang said on Friday that rescue efforts at the residential development have now wrapped up.

According to the fire service, the flames were "largely extinguished" as of 10:18am (02:18 GMT) on Friday, and "firefighting operations have ended," the fire service said, announcing the end of its operations.

The eight-tower Wang Fuk Court estate in the northern district of Tai Po, which houses more than 4,600 people, had been undergoing renovations and was wrapped in bamboo scaffolding and green mesh when the ...