NLC warns First Bank against mass sack of workers
Click here to read full article from source
Nigeria, Dec. 2 -- The Nigeria Labour Congress has warned First Bank Nigeria Plc against sacking more than 1000 of its workers, saying such action would contradict extant labour laws.
In a letter sent to PREMIUM TIMES Monday evening and signed by the NLC president, Ayuba Wabba, it said it had information from its affiliate union that First bank was planning to conduct mass retrenchment of workers whose age ranged between 35 and 55, and who had been categorised as outsourced workers.
In the letter, which was addressed to the Managing Director of the bank and dated November 25, 2019, the union said labour laws in Nigeria did not recognise the outsourced form of the workforce.
It wondered why a financial institution with an enabling banki...
To read the full article or to get the complete feed from this publication, please Contact Us