Manila, Feb. 20 -- The next round of negotiations on a South China Sea (SCS) code of conduct (COC) will be held in the last week of February, the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) said Friday.
At a press conference in Pasay City, DFA maritime affairs spokesperson Rogelio Villanueva said senior officials from China and the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) will meet in Singapore.
The increased frequency of talks aligns with the Philippines' push, as this year's ASEAN chair, to fast-track negotiations and finalize a COC by the end of 2026.
"As chair of the ASEAN, the Philippines has committed to pursue the momentum in the negotiations for the substantive and effective Code of Conduct," Villanueva said.
"We are prepared to...
Click here to read full article from source
To read the full article or to get the complete feed from this publication, please
Contact Us.