India, Feb. 13 -- The Meghalaya Police has formed a Special Investigation Team (SIT) to probe the illegal coal mine explosion at Thangsku in East Jaintia Hills. The blast has claimed 32 lives so far.
Authorities reported the latest death at a hospital in Guwahati. The injured worker succumbed to his injuries days after the February 5 explosion.
In an official order, Director General of Police Idashisha Nongrang said the government constituted the SIT to ensure a fair and expeditious probe. He said the team will examine the circumstances that led to the blast at Thangsku in East Jaintia Hills district, Khliehriat.
The nine-member SIT will be led by Deputy Inspector General of Police (Eastern Range) Vivekanand S Rathore. The team will asc...
Click here to read full article from source
To read the full article or to get the complete feed from this publication, please
Contact Us.