KUCHING, Aug. 1 -- Sarawak has recorded a worrying spike in commercial crime cases, with 2,256 incidents reported between January and July 30 this year.
Sarawak police commissioner Datuk Mancha Ata said the reported cases involved losses amounting to RM77.7 million - an increase of 46.8 per cent compared to RM52.9 million in the same period last year.
"This equates to an average of around seven cases reported daily.
"If these trends are not curbed, total losses could exceed RM100 million by the end of the year, placing significant financial strain on victims and jeopardising household financial security in Sarawak," he told a press conference here today.
On scammers' modus operandi and tactics, Mancha said the fraudulent cases involve...
Click here to read full article from source
To read the full article or to get the complete feed from this publication, please
Contact Us.