GEORGE TOWN, Aug. 28 -- Penang is considering a new, expanded water taxi service that would cover routes between the island and the mainland, after a previously awarded pilot project for the island failed.
State Infrastructure, Transport, and Digital Committee chairman Zairil Khir Johari said the original water taxi tender, awarded by the Penang Island City Council (MBPP) a few years ago, was called off after the firm missed the deadline to obtain the necessary permits from the Transport Ministry.
"They were unable to meet the conditions of the tender within the agreed period so the tender was cancelled and we go back to the drawing board," Zairil told reporters after officiating a geotechnical engineering seminar here today.
Zairil ex...
Click here to read full article from source
To read the full article or to get the complete feed from this publication, please
Contact Us.