KUALA LUMPUR, Feb. 22 -- Police believe two missing body parts belonging to a murder victim in Sepanggar may have been carried off by dogs or mixed in with rubbish, complicating ongoing search efforts.

According to Sinar Harian, Sabah Police Commissioner Datuk Jauteh Dikun said investigators have yet to obtain any fresh leads.

"Efforts to trace the remaining two parts of the body are continuing, but so far, we have not found any indicators.

"We believe there is a strong possibility the missing parts were taken by dogs or wild animals, or perhaps became mixed with rubbish. Nonetheless, the search is ongoing," he said.

He was speaking to reporters during a breaking-of-fast event with Deputy Chief Minister Datuk Seri Masidi Manjun at the...