Afghanistan, Feb. 21 -- French anti-terror prosecutors said two suspects were arrested over an alleged attack plot in northern France targeting public venues.

France's anti-terrorism prosecutor's office announced the arrest of two individuals accused of planning an attack and promoting jihadist propaganda. Reuters reported on Saturday that a planned assault in northern France had been foiled.

The suspects were allegedly preparing to target either a shopping mall or a concert venue, according to prosecutors. Authorities intervened before the plan could be carried out.

Prosecutors said one of the detainees is a 16-year-old teenager who had been seeking and sharing jihadist propaganda. The identities of the two suspects have not been disclo...