MEERUT/LUCKNOW, Dec. 4 -- Nine students and a teacher of an inter college in Muzaffarnagar were hospitalised on Tuesday, after they consumed mid-day meal (MDM), which allegedly had a dead rat in it.

They complained of giddiness after seeing the rat in food and were taken to the district hospital . All of them were provided treatment and discharged, said district officials.

Dr Navneet Bansal, emergency medical officer (Muzaffarnagar) said: "Nine students and a teacher were brought to the emergency. They were given treatment and no traces of any poison were found in them."

District authorities ordered to register a case against the NGO responsible for distributing mid-day meal and the school staff who served it to students without proper c...