UP Board likely to revoke recognition of 335 affiliated secondary schools
PRAYAGRAJ, July 19 -- The Uttar Pradesh Madhyamik Shiksha Parishad, commonly known as UP Board, is likely to revoke recognition of 335 affiliated secondary schools that have reported zero student enrolments for the past three years. A list of these defaulting schools has been compiled by the Board. Despite obtaining formal recognition, these institutions have failed to admit students or present any for the high school or Intermediate examinations during this period, said Board officials.
Show cause notices will soon be issued to these schools, seeking explanations for the continued lack of enrolment. If no valid justification is provided, the matter will be reviewed by the Recognition Committee of the Board, and the process of de-recognition will be initiated, shared officials.
The UP Board expects to complete this process before the 2026 edition of its high school and intermediate examinations.
Confirming the move, UP Board secretary Bhagwati Singh said, "Appropriate action will be taken in accordance with regulations against schools with persistently showing zero enrolments."
Previously, in December 2022, the then UP Board secretary Dibyakant Shukla had compiled a list of 178 such schools, whose recognitions were subsequently revoked after issuing of notices. In addition to the 335 schools with zero students, action may also be taken against institutions found involved in mass cheating during the Class 10 and 12 board examinations-2025. Strict provisions have been established under the Uttar Pradesh Public Examination (Prevention of Unfair Means) Act, 2024, which came into effect recently. The 2025 Board exams were the first to be conducted under this law, shared officials....
To read the full article or to get the complete feed from this publication, please
Contact Us.