Dreaded gangster vanishes post parole
LUCKNOW, July 7 -- Mohammad Sohrab, one of the three brothers considered among the most dangerous gangsters operating out of Lucknow, has gone missing after the end of his parole from Delhi's Tihar Jail. Sohrab, convicted in the 2011 Rs 1 crore jewellery showroom loot and murder case, failed to return on Thursday after completing his parole, prompting jail authorities to alert Delhi Police.
The Delhi Police has sought help from UP's Special Task Force (STF) after Sohrab was not found at his house in Lucknow's Sadar Bazar area. He is suspected to have travelled to Nainital to meet his wife, Sanno.
A senior STF official confirmed that three teams have been deployed to trace Sohrab. "We are monitoring his family and trying to determine his current location. His last known mobile communication was with his wife on Friday," the official said. Sohrab and his brothers Salim, 47, and Rustam, 42, have been in Tihar Jail for over a decade, serving life sentences for their involvement in the February 2011 Karol Bagh jewellery heist in which a jeweller was murdered. The three were arrested in May that year.
A senior Lucknow police official said the brothers have long instilled fear among locals, expanding their extortion racket even from jail. "Despite incarceration, their network remains active, and victims often avoid reporting due to fear," the officer said. Officials noted a pattern of misuse of parole by the trio. In August 2016, Rustam allegedly opened fire on a police team during an attempt to arrest him. He had been out on parole and was reportedly collecting Rs 10 lakh extortion from a property dealer in Sarojini Nagar....
To read the full article or to get the complete feed from this publication, please
Contact Us.