MEERUT/LUCKNOW, Dec. 4 -- Nine students and a teacher of an inter college in Muzaffarnagar were hospitalised on Tuesday, after they consumed mid-day meal (MDM), which allegedly had a dead rat in it.
They complained of giddiness after seeing the rat in the food and were taken to the district hospital for medical examination. All of them were provided treatment and discharged, said district officials.
Dr Navneet Bansal, emergency medical officer (Muzaffarnagar) said: "Nine students and a teacher were brought to the emergency. They were given treatment and no traces of any poison were found in them."
District authorities ordered to register a case against the NGO responsible for distributing mid-day meal and the school staff who served it t...