New Delhi, March 14 -- Did you know that globally only 15% of the people staying on a golf course, play golf while the rest 85% do not. Yet they are willing to pay a minimum 50% premium to stay in a golf community.

There is a popular saying that while Indians "live" to play cricket, they "love" to stay on golf courses. Those staying on a golf course, however, may have little to do with the game-not necessarily the tribe itching to be chipping at the golf greens or sinking a 40-foot putt. A golf community is coveted for various other reasons. According to Ashwani Khurana, President Karma Lakelands - "One acre of golf course produces more oxygen than one acre of rainforest. Imagine two gated communities with all amenities being equal, the on...