Ludhiana, May 11 -- A fire broke out at godown of Indian cots on ground floor in Mahavir Dyeing Complex, Tajpur Road, on Friday evening. A major tragedy was averted as labourers, residing in six to seven labour quarters on the first floor of the building, came downstairs and gas cylinders were taken out in time.

Sunder nagar fire station, sub fire officer, Aatish said short circuit is the suspected cause of the fire. No casualty was reported from the spot and the gas cylinders were removed from the building by residents themselves.

A fire also broke out at the godown of Keshav Spinning Mills in village Bajra, Rahon Road, on Friday morning. No casualty was reported and it took three hours to douse the flames.

Another fire incident was rep...