Shimla, Aug. 29 -- Counting losses, the state government brings a resolution seeking declaring the monsoon-inflicted devastation in Himachal Pradesh as a national disaster. As per the statement given by the deputy chief minister Mukesh Agnihotri in the assembly on Thursday, the state so far has suffered a loss of Rs 2,623 crore. Parliamentary affairs minister Harshwardhan Chauhan on Thursday moved a resolution declaring the havoc wreaked by incessant monsoons in various parts of Himachal Pradesh as a national disaster under Rule 102 before the Himachal Pradesh state assembly. "A resolution has been passed by the state assembly unanimously demanding the Centre to declare the devastation as national calamity and also announce a special relief package for the state," said Agnihotri while talking to the media on Thursday. Speaking in the assembly, Chauhan said, "The state has suffered massive destruction. However, I do not feel the assembly can be deferred as many important matters have to be taken up, besides some Bills have to be passed. So I moved a resolution urging the Centre to declare the rain disaster in Himachal as a national disaster in which the entire House can participate." Considering the "importance and urgency" speaker Kuldeep Pathnia said, "The resolution is in state interest so it would be debated upon. I am admitting the resolution for debate after relaxing the mandatory three days' notice period for debate under Rule 102." After the resolution is passed the same will be forwarded to the Centre. Supporting the resolution, leader of Opposition Jai Ram Thakur said, "Opposition would support the resolution as the entire state had been affected and we all are equally concerned that timely help should reach the affected people and restoration work should be quick and effective". htc...