Mumbai: 113,591 Covid-19 cases detected in past 16 days, 650,000 samples tested
Click here to read full article from source
Mumbai, April 9 -- Ever since the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) intensified testing in the city since March 23, it has tested over 650,000 samples for Covid-19 and has detected around 113,591 cases, according to data from the state health department. During the same period, 252 deaths were reported in the city.
Of the 650,000 samples tested, around 49% were tested using rapid antigen kits while the remaining 51% were tested using reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) kits, according to the data. In the first week, the ratio of rapid antigen kits was more than RT-PCR, which is considered to be the golden standard of Covid testing. However, later more samples were tested using RT-PCR. Since the usage of rapid ...
To read the full article or to get the complete feed from this publication, please Contact Us