LUCKNOW, Nov. 9 -- Sudhir Nag, now 50, a kar sevak who had suffered a bullet injury 29 years ago in his face when the police opened fire at the crowd, including him, in Ayodhya on orders of the then chief minister Mulayam Singh Yadav, now says: "I had been angry all these years. But now, I am very happy. I had pledged that I will not go to the Ramjanmbhoomi until the path for temple construction becomes clear. Despite living in Ayodhya all these years, I did not break my pledge. And sometime today or tomorrow I will go there."

Nag says: "I appeal to people to respect the judgement. Hindus may celebrate, I am celebrating, but celebrations should not be done in a way to tease or hurt the other community people. Let there be peace now."

Nag,...