India, Dec. 4 -- MEERUT/LUCKNOW At least nine students and a teacher of an inter college in Uttar Pradesh's Muzaffarnagar were hospitalised on Tuesday after they ate a midday meal that allegedly contained a dead rat.
They complained of giddiness after seeing the rodent in the food and were taken to the district hospital for a medical examination. All of them were provided treatment and discharged, district officials said.
"Nine students and a teacher were brought to the emergency. They were given treatment and no traces of any poison were found in them," said Dr Navneet Bansal, emergency medical officer, Muzzafarnagar.
A case has been registered in Nai Mandi police station of Muzaffarnagar against NGO Jan Kalyan Sanstha Committee which s...