A ban on candles is long overdue
Click here to read full article from source
Uganda, Nov. 24 -- Steven Luyomba, his wife Doreen Nafula, and their children Sumei Lubega, Edith Naiga, and Andrew on Tuesday evening retired for the night in their home at Yoka zone in Bukasa Parish, Makindye Division in Kampala to what was supposed to be the universally acclaimed 'sweetest thing.' But that sleep turned into the worst nightmare as they were disrupted by a fire in their home and lost all desperate battles to escape - it claimed their lives.
Luyomba and his family became just another statistic in the grim epitaph of fire victims in this country. They had been reduced to charred remains by just a tiny piece of energy item called a candle. Where bullets kill in violent times, the candle has arguably become one of the singl...
To read the full article or to get the complete feed from this publication, please Contact Us