New Delhi, Aug. 28 -- The District Court lawyers suspended their strike against the Delhi Lieutenant Governor's notification on Thursday, after a meeting of lawyers took place with the representative government.

The strike has been suspended in view of a statement issued by the office of the Commissioner of police saying that the operation of the LG's notification would only be carried out after hearing all stakeholders.

After the 7-hour-long meeting, it was announced that the strike had been suspended. Union Home Minister Amit Shah is also expected to meet lawyers on Monday, as he was not in Delhi on Thursday.

Delhi police said in a statement that concerns have been raised by members of the Bar Association in Delhi regarding the said ...