Dhale, May 16 -- Clashes between Houthis and government forces left 12 dead in Yemen's Dhale province on Wednesday.
Amongst the deceased, five people were identified as soldiers while seven are rebels, according to Xinhua.
The latest clash ensued after pro-government forces confronted the rebels who launched their advance toward the province, a military official said.
"The army forces air-covered by airstrikes from the Saudi-led coalition lost five soldiers in the ongoing battle with the Houthi rebels in the area," the military official told Xinhua.
The UN Special Envoy to Yemen, Martin Griffiths, on Tuesday expressed his concern about the ongoing escalation, urging all parties to exercise utmost restraint.
Only last month, several Hou...