Seek a probate if will lists an immovable property in Mumbai

New Delhi, Jan. 13 -- My late mother, by way of a will, transferred her residential flat in Mumbai to my late father. The managing committee (MC) wanted my father to probate the will. The deputy regis... Read More

Legal heir certificate is issued after the death of a family member

New Delhi, Dec. 30 -- My spouse and I own movable and immovable assets individually. We want all the properties to be equally divided among our two sons. Should we apply for legal heir certificates? H... Read More

Spouse is counted among class I legal heirs

New Delhi, Dec. 16 -- My father expired without a will and has a freehold house owned jointly with my mother. Will the property be transferred to my mother by default? Can she sell off the property on... Read More

Destroy older will if you make a new one with revisions

New Delhi, Nov. 4 -- I made a will and got it duly registered, declaring my wife as the executor and trustee. After her demise, my daughter and son will be the executors and trustees. Both my children... Read More