New Delhi, Feb. 19 -- Many schools in Uttar Pradesh's Gautam Buddh Nagar district received bomb threats on Thursday. These were, however, declared a hoax later, an official said.
Police said that several schools in the district received the threats via email, after which security agencies swung into action.
In a statement, police said, "The Gautam Buddh Nagar Police acted immediately, inspecting all schools with the bomb disposal unit, anti-sabotage team, and dog squad."Searches at the schools are still underway, but police have reported no suspicious findings so far.
A detailed technical investigation into the email's source is in progress, officials said, with the cyber team handling it with full seriousness.
Published by HT Digital C...