Patna, Feb. 21 -- Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Saturday transferred over Rs 100 crore directly into the bank accounts of over two lakh farmers affected by floods and the 'Montha' storm in 2025 under the Agriculture Input Subsidy Scheme.
Speaking on the occasion, Kumar said the amount was disbursed through the Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) system as compensation for crop losses caused by excessive rainfall, floods, and the 'Montha' storm last year. A total of Rs 113.16 crore was credited to the bank accounts of 2,02,000 farmers.
He said farmers would be able to use the financial assistance for upcoming crop cycles. Under the scheme, all flood-affected farmers are being provided with subsidy support. The state government is committe...