Mumbai, Feb. 17 -- The Charkop police have registered an offence against 17 individuals associated with the Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) and Shiv Sena (UBT) for allegedly demanding Rs 10 lakh from a local businessman in Kandivali West, an official said on Tuesday.
The FIR was lodged on February 15 (Sunday) after the complainant, Bansh Jaiswal, who operates Jaiswal Construction Company in Charkop Sector 8, submitted an audio recording purportedly capturing the extortion demand.
Police officials said no arrests have been made so far and further investigation is in progress.
According to the police, the sequence of events began on February 13 at around 12.30 pm when eight to ten persons reached Jaiswal's godown in Charkop. They allegedl...