KOTA KINABALU, Aug. 5 -- Chinese tourists are still visiting Sabah uninterrupted, state Tourism, Culture and Environment Minister Datuk Christina Liew said today.
She said the underwater fish bombs that killed two Chinese scuba divers and their local guide have not caused a huge drop in tourist arrivals from mainland China.
"There has been minimal impact from the incident. We have not had any cancellations from Chinese groups so far," she told Paginatan assemblyman Datuk Abidin Madingkir during Question Time.
Liew who is also deputy chief minister said Sabah recorded a total of 60,013 tourists to Semporna for the first half of the year. Of that number, 43,204 were foreigners and 16,809 Malaysians.
She said the data is based on the numbe...