Mumbai, June 28 -- The University of Mumbai's (MU) new 60:40 examination pattern for three and five-year LLB courses is likely to be implemented gradually, starting from the first year of the courses in the current academic year and for higher levels in subsequent years. The new exam pattern is awaiting a nod from MU's academic council.

The 60:40 exam pattern is part of the new choice-based credit system (CBCS) curricula for law courses under MU. As per this system, internal assessment, which will account for 40% of total marks, will include term work, participation in college activities, class tests, attendance and conduct in class. The remaining 60% will be from semester-end exams.

Last week, MU's board of studies in law decided to intr...