LUCKNOW, Feb. 18 -- Uttar Pradesh chief electoral officer (CEO) Navdeep Rinwa on Tuesday termed the opposition's allegations that voters' names were being deleted from the electoral roll through large-scale filing of Form-7 during the Special Intensive Revision (SIR) as "baseless". Replying to questions by media persons on the allegations levelled by Samajwadi Party (SP) president Akhilesh Yadav regarding Form-7 misuse to delete the names of a large number of voters belonging to a particular community and supporters of opposition parties, the CEO said complaints submitted by the SP were examined on the directions of the Election Commission of India (ECI). He said the district magistrate (district election officer) of Ballia sought a report from the electoral registration officer (ERO) on an SP complaint regarding deletion of the name of the wife of Mohammad Ziauddin Rizvi, MLA from Sikandarpur assembly constituency, along with 126 other voters. The ERO stated in his report that neither the MLA's wife nor the 126 voters had been deleted from the electoral roll, Rinwa said. Rinwa said deletion of names from the electoral roll cannot be done arbitrarily and involves a transparent process. He explained that anyone seeking deletion of a voter's name must submit Form-7 and be a voter in the same assembly constituency. The applicant must provide details including name, voter ID number, reason for deletion and signature. A notice is issued to both the applicant and the voter concerned, and the district election officer takes a decision only on the basis of substantive evidence. Legal action is taken in case of a false declaration, he added....