'No cut in security cover for Akhilesh Yadav'
Lucknow, Feb. 21 -- The government on Friday informed the Upper House that there had been no downscaling of the security cover for former chief minister Akhikesh Yadav.
Raising the issue, SP member Ashutosh Sinha expressed concern over the alleged cut in the security cover for their leader. Refuting the charge, deputy chief minister Keshav Prasad Maurya said Akhilesh Yadav's security cover comprised 185 security personnel and 24 specially trained cobra commandos. He said the security cover for Akhilesh Yadav as a former CM was intact and he would continue to be a former CM.
Members from the ruling side raised concerns over bureaucrats allegedly not answering phone calls of elected representatives and failing to respond to their letters. The issue was raised by BJP MLCs Umesh Dwivedi and many other members from the ruling party joined him. Echoing the sentiment, opposition members said if ruling party legislators were being ignored, the opposition's predicament could be well understood.
Leader of the House and deputy chief minister Keshav Prasad Maurya assured the House that strict compliance with the government order on protocol would be ensured....
To read the full article or to get the complete feed from this publication, please
Contact Us.